Now Hiring – Part-time Contract Resume Editor and Writer
Work from Home
- Are you looking for work that allows you to make a difference?
- Do you have a passion for writing/editing and helping people?
- Do you want to sharpen your marketing writing skills as you earn while part of a world-class team?
YES Career Coaching & Resume Writing Services is looking for you! Our woman-owned business needs three part-time, work-from-home resume editors to join our team. YES provides comprehensive, personalized services to help make people's career dreams come true. Our exceptional team is the reason YES is DC metro’s top-rated writing and career coaching company on most review sites (4.5 star rated on Yelp, A rated on Angie’s List, 5.0 star rated on Google, A+ rated at the Better Business Bureau, and 4.1 star rated on Glassdoor).
- Edit resumes, cover letters, and LinkedIn profiles; then provide feedback to writer.
- Work with clients via Internet or phone to come up with quantified accomplishments and other details to include on resume.
- Identify and incorporate keywords from job listings for which they will apply.
- Draft resumes (both regular and federal), cover letters, and LinkedIn profiles for assigned clients in all career fields.
- One year of experience as an editor with final responsibility before going to press or sending deliverables to clients
- Superior attention to detail and ability to follow directions
- Professional interpersonal communication skills and coachability
- Top organizational skills and reliability
- Strong knowledge of MS Word
- Commitment to a long-term working relationship
- Availability for at least 15 hours a week
- Experienced in crafting resumes and cover letters that get interviews
- Strong understanding of different occupations, especially information technology
- Familiarity with the Washington-area employment scene (government, government contracting, nonprofits, lobbying, associations, etc.)
- You will be part of a small, family-run business that is, in the words of a recent employee, “very rewarding” to work in.
- You will have a role of key importance.
- You will make a difference in people’s lives every day and feel amazing when you help us earn a five-star review from a grateful client who got a job with your help.
- You will become a world-class writer/editor through practice, training, and feedback.
YES Career Coaching & Resume Writing Services values inclusion and welcomes applications by diverse candidates to join our team, which has included staff with roots in Africa, East and West Asia, East and West Europe, and Latin America. We love other kinds of diversity as well!
Send resume and cover letter addressed to Ms. Katherine Akbar, president (katherine [at] yeswriting.com). Please refrain from emailing us through the website or calling.