#1 Resume Writing & Career Coaching Services
Has it been hard to land a job you will love?
- Get into another field, or
- Land a more rewarding position?
Not getting many interviews from your resume?
YES President Katherine Metres Akbar on what you need to pass the 6-second rule.
Why People Love Us
Product Management Expert
Sr. Managing Consultant
Clinical Operations Executive
Sr. Operations Director
Career Coaching & Resume Writing Success Stories
Frequently Asked Questions
- Despite working hard at your career, you are frustrated—or at least not fully satisfied—with your current level of career success.
- Perhaps you were laid off and have been struggling to land a new job, making you unsure and stressed about selecting a resume writing service.
- Maybe you are wondering whether you need a career coach.
- In some cases, your current income, lack of seniority, or company culture is not working for you.
- In other cases, your desire for advancement, meaning, or fulfillment has motivated you to hire a job coach to pursue your job search.
- You may have had a successful career in the government and now are transitioning to the corporate or nonprofit sectors.
- Or you were fulfilled in the military and now are transitioning into the private sector a civilian government job.
- And finally, you may be wondering how to get a federal job as an opportunity for a more secure and stable job.
- You may have been applying for many jobs and yet been disappointed at the rate of invitations for interviews.
- Maybe you have been interviewing and are discouraged by the lack of follow-up and job offers.
- You may have even searched for and hired a professional resume writer with unimpressive results.
- Like many of our clients, you may be a highly skilled executive or professional who is thinking about what the next level of career fulfillment or success means for them.
- They find a new job within 8 weeks of finalizing their resume, while the national average for unemployment is 23 weeks.
- The average client interviews 5 different employers.
- They are contacted by 8 recruiters
- The average client gets 19% increased pay at the new job.
- Our recommended solution, whether you decide to work with us or another career counseling and resume writing service, is to have a 30-minute Free Resume Review. In the course of that session, you can describe your current situation and where you want to be professionally, receiving some expert advice on how to get there. If you have a resume, you may share that with your career coach for a free resume review and recommendations.
- Have a resume and cover letter that speaks to the employers’ interests
- Grab their attention within 6 seconds.
- A solid commitment to quality, timely delivery, and outstanding customer service are important to you. When you decide to submit your resume and cover letter for a position you are excited about, you want to make sure that not only can you have the final product in ample time but also that your resume meets the above criteria.
- You want to be able to come back and discuss your progress in the job market and get additional advice and tips on how to adjust your resume for different positions.
- Our services, performed by top-rated resume writers and customer service staff, have made YES a top-rated resume writing business in the Washington DC metro area on most platforms:
- We are A-rated on Angie’s List (with Super Service Awards in 2016, 2017, and 2018).T
- he Better Business Bureau rates us A+.
- We currently have a 4.9 rating on Google, a 4.5 rating on Yelp (5 if you count the hidden reviews), and a 5.0 rating on Facebook.
Both professional resume writing services and resume building services can be considered a form of resume writing help. However, the difference between a resume builder service and a resume writer service is that in the case of the former we typically are talking about an automated or software application whereas, in the case of a resume writer service, we are typically referring to a resume service that uses professional resume writers who interview a client and draft their resume. A resume builder is a nice gadget that can provide templates and help you with structuring a nice-looking format for your resume. But a resume builder cannot be a substitute for a professional resume writing service which makes a comprehensive analysis of your skills and experience, compares that with the specific requirements of a job and facilitate and question and answer process to help think back and provide information that their marketing expertise can help stand out.
A resume writing service usually includes editing services as well. After all, there is no value in paying for a drafted resume that is not properly edited. The editing phase typically comes after the resume is drafted to be a highly competitive marketing document. However, a resume editing service will also work with a resume that you or someone else has drafted for you and the editor’s role will be limited to editing the existing resume. For example, you might have drafted your own resume and by mistake have typed resume writting service. That is a grammatical error and resume editing services will catch the mistyped resume writting service and change it to resume writing service for you. These days you rarely see resume writing services that promote themselves exclusively as resume editing services because they can charge more to provide higher quality and more comprehensive products they can stand by.
- Most of our clients are experts or executives who want to take their careers to the next level.
- Others dislike their employer or job, got laid off or will be, or feel they’re in the wrong field.
- Another group needs career transition assistance when leaving the military or federal government, after completing their education, or when reentering the workforce after taking care of their family full-time.
- Your competition might have hired one of the best resume writers in Washington DC, like YES, to beat the 6-second rule.
- They might have had their LinkedIn profile professionally developed. In this case, they could be more easily and quickly picked up by some of the thousands of recruiters searching the LinkedIn platform.
- Your competition might also have hired a resume services company to train them on the best interview questions.
- Where can I find federal resume writers near me?
- Are the resume writing services near me worth the investment?
- What do the resume writing services near me charge?
- Post-COVID should I limit myself to resume service near me?
- Which is more cost-effective, a resume coach or professional resume writers near me?
- Where can I locate a federal job resume writer?
- Where can I read more about resume services near me?
- What should I expect in a package of resume services?
- Are federal job resume writers worth the money?
- How do I choose between the resume services near me?
- What to include in a cover letter?
- Can top resume reviews be believed, or are they faked?
- What resume writing services company gets the top resume reviews?
- Where can I see a career counselor near me?
- Who is the best career counselor near me?
- What is involved in career change counseling?
- Can career change counseling help me figure out what I most want to do?
- Who are the best career strategy consultants?
- Where can I find executive coaching services near me?
- Who are the best executive coaches near me?
- What is the difference between a career coach and a career counselor?
And here are the answers to some additional frequently asked questions regarding career coaching:
How to select the best career coaches
Career coaching is not a regulated practice. For that reason, you will find coaches with diverse backgrounds who have chosen career coaching as their career. Coaches can obtain career coaching certification from a number of different organizations. To find out which coach is the best to work with, there are a number of things you can do before you start your job search or put together a career development plan:
- You can study the reviews of the coach. If a coach does not have any reviews or has poor career coaching reviews, that coach may not be a good candidate to work with. To find the best coach, you can also request to have a session to discuss your career goals and find out if you have a good chemistry with the coach and if their guidance gives you a sense of direction.
- You could potentially ask the coach for references (contact information of former clients of the coach) that you can talk to. Some coaches may be reluctant to connect you with references, but others may be more than happy to provide you with those introductions.
- Another thing you may find out is how long the coach has been in business.
- During your session, you can find out if the coach has had business coaching experience as well.
- Sometimes the work background of a coach before they chose to become a career coach can also make a difference. You may want to find out how broad their overall business background is. The type of career coaching you are looking for in your career advancement should take into account the background of the coaches or career coaching companies you are considering.
Why do clients trust their career to YES?
Clients who come to us for career coaching are at different stages of their life and career and need to work with a coach on different types of career goals. Some clients need help from a coach on search strategies. Others need coaches to help them with career transitions, and some others for cultivating confidence on the path they have already chosen.
Clients develop confidence about working with us from the moment they speak with their client success manager (CSM). While everyone's life and career is unique, our CSMs—who work closely with YES coaches—have spoken with and supported the careers of hundreds of other career coaching clients. Prospective clients soon discover that our career coaches have successfully supported numerous other professionals with similar challenges. In fact, one of our career coaches has developed career coaching courses and programs for clients, in addition to developing a program to certify other career coaches. As they say, the proof is in the pudding, and our pudding is the results that our career coaching clients have achieved.
What tools can I use to chart a better career?
Before you find out what tools to use, you want to get clarity on your goals—not just career goals but also life goals. Once you are clear about the kind of life you would like to live, and that is something that our coaches can help you with, you can then focus your work with the coach on how to get there. With the help of your coach and the tools he provides, you may find out that in order to accomplish that goal, you may need to work in a specific role in certain industries. Alternatively, working with the coach, you may find out that yours is a path of entrepreneurship. The coach can introduce you to hybrid strategies where you develop your entrepreneurship muscle while you work for an employer. Beyond these strategic decisions, our coaches use a number of proprietary tools developed by YES to help you navigate your life and your work to get full alignment with your goals.
How to make the right investment in your career
Most people who join our career coaching programs are interested in optimizing different aspects of their lives. They want to maximize their income but also improve their quality of life, happiness, and potential for giving back to society. To achieve this in life, there is no investment better than getting help with your career development. Our career coaches will not only coach you during your search, but they will also coach you through the salary negotiation process to make sure you maximize your compensation throughout your career. Working with our coaches, you should expect on average a 20% increase in your income by the conclusion of your search.
How to ensure continuous growth in your career
The message we shared with you earlier was that whether you work with coaches or pursue other strategies in your career growth, you are on a never-ending journey of learning, in work as well as your life. You can accelerate this growth by engaging coaches at various stages of your career, starting with search. Having helped thousands of other clients, coaches can coach you on how to adapt search strategies in alignment with your personality so you develop more confidence in your abilities. Coaches can also show you how to make the job search fun and exciting, rather than a drag on your emotions and confidence.
Once a coach coaches you to land your dream job, that is just the beginning of your adventure. Life is a dynamic process. You, the new employer, and the people you work with are all in a continuous process of change. Rather than purely reacting to these changes, you can get the most out of your career by engaging coaches in your career advancement process. Rather than following someone else's plans, you can develop your own career business plan with the help of coaches who are experts in the career advancement phase of your career. Following your own plan may lead to leadership enhancement, faster promotion, higher pay, and making the right transition when you want it.
How much do career coaches typically charge?
Career coaching is not a regulated field. Many D.C. career coaches charge professionals $3,000–$5,000 just to coach you in the process of selecting a future career—without giving you any of the tools to get the job done. However, at YES, we offer a cost-effective career coaching formula where our career coaches will coach you not only on selecting the perfect job type but also on using career coaching to help you land a job. Working with YES coaches, you will typically accomplish your career goals within 8–12 sessions with the coach during your job search.
- Who can help me with LinkedIn profile-building services?
- Are LinkedIn profile building services worth the investment?
- What are the elements of the best LinkedIn profiles?
- How can I make my LinkedIn profile rate among the best LinkedIn profiles?
- What are the elements of the best LinkedIn summaries?
- What are good answers to interview questions?
- How can I practice good answers to interview questions?