Welcome to Your Edge for Success, YES, top-rated resume writing and career success company! We are here to help you get a job that you will love.
What should you look for in selecting and hiring the best resume writing service in 2019?
People come to us for different reasons: Maybe you were laid off and have been struggling to land a new job and are unsure and stressed out about selecting a resume writing service, or whether you need a career success coach. Or, you have worked hard at your career and yet you are frustrated, or at least not fully satisfied with your current level of career success. Maybe it is your current income, lack of seniority, unhealthy company culture, desire for advancement, or doing something more meaningful and fulfilling that has motivated you to pursue your job search. You may in fact have had a successful and fulfilling career in the government or in the military and now you feel stressed out, unsure, or ambivalent about transition to private sector or a civilian job. You may have been applying for many jobs and yet been disappointed at the rate of invitations for interviews. Maybe you have been interviewing and yet discouraged by the lack of follow up and job offers. You may have even searched for and hired a resume writer and have not been happy with the results. Like many of our clients you may be a highly skilled executive or professional who is stuck trying to figure out what does the next level of career success mean for them. You may be looking for the best resume writing service because you have tried free resume templates and resume builders only to be totally disappointed by lack of employer response.
Whatever the reason motivating you to contact us, we are here to help you get a job that you will love. We have helped over 1000 clients achieve their career goals in Washington DC metro area, Chicago, California, Florida, Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East.
These are some exciting results from our most recent survey: resume writing and career success coaching clients of YES typically find a new job within 5 weeks of working with us, while the national average is 15 weeks. Our average client interviews with 7 different employers, is contacted by 10 recruiters, and gets 12% increased pay at the new job.
That means, as a result of working with us, the average employed client ends up with an extra $10,000 in income for the year, and the average unemployed client ends up with an extra $26,000 in income for the year, many times what they invested. And there’s also the incalculable value of being in a job where you feel valued, excited, and fulfilled.
Getting hired faster, for a job where you are paid more is great. But, is it enough? For many of our clients who first came to us to write their resume and LinkedIn profile, or to get interview skills training, long-term job satisfaction, fulfillment and personal development, or even contribution and giving back is as important, sometimes even more important. After all we spend more than 33% of our time every day at our work. You may soon find out that a highly paid new job that you landed quickly does not make you happier. Ideally you would like to come to that realization before you accept the offer.
So, no matter the reason you came to us or one of the other best career coaching and resume writing services in the area, it is really important to be clear about the end in mind. That means not only what kind of job you are looking for and what kind of services you think you will need to land that dream job, but also having clarity about what would that job look like. You want to have the tools and skills, not only to ace the job interview, and get multiple offers, but also to have the x-ray skills to get a an unemotional and realistic assessment of the company you will be working for and the prospect of a long-term and fulfilling career. This is very important so you would not be unhappy and disappointed, looking for another job in a short span of time or try to put up and suffer working in an environment and a job you come to hate.
So how can you avoid the pitfalls in hiring a career coach or resume writer, or applying for jobs you should not apply for, or offers you should decline? Our recommended solution, whether you decide to work with us, or another career counselling and resume writing service, is to have a free 30-minute consultation. In the course of that session, you can describe your current situation, where you are, professionally, where you want to be, and get some expert advice on how to get there. If you have a resume, you should share that with your career adviser and get a free resume review and recommendation.
How to decide if you should hire a resume writing and career coaching team?
Do you need a top 2% resume and cover letter? Employers today receive an average of 118 resumes for each job opening. Only the best 2% of resumes get an interview, and these may not include the best people for the job if their documents don’t show it. The solution to this challenge, according to independent research, is for you to have a resume and cover letter that (1) speaks to the employers’ interests and (2) grabs their attention within 6 seconds. This demands as much, or more, marketing and advanced copy writing skill, as it would need expertise in your field.
Another reason for selecting a company like ours would be if a solid commitment to quality, timely delivery and outstanding customer service is important to you. When you want to submit your resume and cover letter for a position you are excited about, you want to make sure not only you have the final product in ample time, but also that your resume meets the above criteria. Furthermore, you want to be able to come back and discuss your progress in the job market and get additional advice and tips on how to adjust your resume for different positions. That is why our services, performed by exceptional resume writing and customer service staff have made YES DC metro’s top-rated career success company. We are A rated on Angie’s List with Super Service Awards in 2016, 2017, and 2018, and we are A+ rated at the Better Business Bureau. We currently have a 4.9 rating on Google, 4.5 rating on Yelp (5 if you count the hidden reviews), and 5.0 rating on Facebook.
Who are you competing with in your job search?
Most of our clients are experts or executives who want to take their career to the next level. Others dislike their employer or job, got laid off or will be, or feel they’re in the wrong field. Another group needs career transition assistance when leaving the military or federal government, after completing their education, or when reentering the workforce after taking care of family full-time. Whenever you are applying for a job, keep in mind that your competition, at the very least might have hired a resume writing company like YES to beat the 6 seconds rule. They might have had their LinkedIn profile professionally developed so they can be more easily and quickly picked up by thousands of recruiters searching the LinkedIn platform. Your competition might have hired a company to train them on the best interview questions. That is when you want to set yourself apart by benefiting from YES innovative an proprietary Interview Aikido technique. Last, but not least, you want to make sure you are being supported by a skilled negotiating team to ensure you are not leaving a penny on the table and regret about settling for less than what you deserve. For all these reason we suggest you start your career success journey with scheduling your 30-minute free consultation and address all the questions you have on your mind.
Your questions may include the following:
- Where can I find federal resume writing services near me?
- Are the resume writing services near me worth the investment?
- Where can I see a career counselor near me?
- Who is the best career counselor near me?
- What is involved in career change counselling?
- Can career change counselling help me figure out what I most want to do?
- What do the resume writing services near me charge?
- Who are the best career strategy consultants?
- Where can I find executive coaching services near me?
- Who are the best executive coaches near me?
- What do career strategy consultants do for their clients?
- Where can I locate a federal job resume writer?
- Are federal job resume writers worth the money?
- Who can help me with LinkedIn profile building services?
- Are LinkedIn profile building services worth the investment?
- What are good answers to interview questions?
- How can I practice good answers to interview questions?
- What are the elements of the best LinkedIn profiles?
- How can I make my LinkedIn profile rated among the best LinkedIn profiles?
- What goes into the best LinkedIn summaries?
- What are the elements of the best LinkedIn summaries?
- What company gets the top resume reviews?
- Can top resume reviews be believed or are they faked?
- How to improve LinkedIn profile?
- Where can I learn about how to improve LinkedIn profile?
Whatever your motivation, you may be feeling anxious, skeptical, or excited right now. We’ve seen it all. Rest assured that, no matter what your situation, we can help you get the next best job for you and help you thrive in it.
Here are five things we can help with and what some clients have had to say:
- Using our career coaching, figuring out what you want to do next so that you’ll be happier in your next job than in your last one. There’s no point getting your resume written unless you know what you want it to sell you for. Client Ashlei R. wrote, “During the Career Strategy Sessions, I met with Michael and we discussed what I wanted and I NEEDED from my next position. As a result of that, I’m at a job that I LOVE, and my confidence is at an all-time high.”
- Writing a resume and cover letter that will make employers contact you for an interview. Client Peter M. wrote, “When I received my brand-new resume and cover letter from Your Edge for Success, I was excited and enthused for the first time in months. I knew immediately that this is something that I should have done several months beforehand. After applying for a position, I received a call back—within two hours. And within five days of receiving my final drafts, I had a job offer in hand. Thank you.”
- Writing a LinkedIn profile that will have recruiters contact you when they have a position that fits your skill set and direction. “I haven’t actually started looking for a job, but I know that when I do, my search is going to be much more successful than it ever was with my old resume. I’ve already had recruiters contact me through Indeed.com and LinkedIn, so I just wanted to take a second to say ‘Thank you’ to the YES team for helping me put my best foot forward.” –Geoff M.
- Interview coaching that will help you ace your interviews so you get the offers you want. Kel F. wrote, “When I was applying for my job, I actually applied for 5 jobs, and out of 5 jobs, I had 4 job interviews, which led to 4 job offers. And all the interviews went extremely well. My best interview was actually the last one with Rite Aid Pharmacy, and I felt so comfortable during the interview, it actually turned into a friendly conversation. That was amazing for me, and it became my favorite hobby. Interviewing was something I just enjoy doing. I highly recommend Interview Aikido to anyone who’s applying for a job.”
- Executive coaching that trains you on building and using your network to get a job on the hidden job market, negotiating a great offer, and excelling in your new position. Brian S. wrote, “Michael and Katherine were right there with me every step of the way. From how to interview to how to negotiate. I learned more about how to work LinkedIn to my advantage. When I was shopping for career coaching, I looked all over the U.S. and finally decided to use Your Edge for Success. Looking back, it was definitely the right decision.”
A brighter future awaits. Schedule your free phone consultation at yeswriting.com so we can talk about your goals and jointly decide how we can help you reach them. We look forward to giving you your edge for success.