Land Your Dream Job Faster
#1 Resume Writing Services & Career Coaching Company in DC
#1 Resume Writing Services & Career Coaching Company in DC
Resume & Cover Letter
At YES, for a reasonable price, you get the interviewing, writing, and editing of not 1 but 3 experts on your professional, executive, or federal resumes.
Optimized LinkedIn Profile
Have us write your LinkedIn profile for search engine optimization. Our average client is sought out by 10 LinkedIn recruiters!
YES's Interview Aikido(TM) program will teach you how to get out of your head and into the game of connecting to what matters to hiring managers.
Our clients typically ...
Are contacted by
Get multiple offers in
% increase in pay
Not getting many interviews from your resume?
75% of job applications are rejected by applicant tracking systems (ATS) before they are seen by human eyes.
Get an expert opinion on your resume for FREE.
What our clients say
When the opportunity arose for me to move jobs, YES was right there. From how to interview to how to negotiate. They gave advice that you just can’t get anywhere else. When I was shopping for career coaching, I looked all over the U.S. and finally decided to go with YES. Looking back, it was the right decision as the team is responsive, provides a personal touch and key insights into careers.
Senior Cybersecurity Risk Analyst
Thanks to the services of YES, I landed my dream job today!!!!! I cant thank you enough for the help YES has been to my career. I’ve learned so much from the interview Aikido video, Michael’s career coaching sessions, and the formats of my resume and LinkedIn profile. You’ve helped me build my personal brand! I could never have done this on my own. Thank you YES!!
Clinical Operations Executive
If you are looking for a fresh start in the Federal government, I highly recommend letting YES help you with your resume! The Federal resume they helped me with got me over 20 USAJobs referrals. I am looking forward to starting a great role as a public servant in April.
Sr. Managing Consultant
Welcome to YES Career Coaching & Resume Writing Services, DC metro’s top resume writing and career success company!
We are here to help you get a job that you will love.
We are one of the nation’s top-rated resume writing services and career success companies with headquarters in metro Washington DC. We are also the nation’s top-rated company for USAJobs-style federal resumes! We are here to help you get a job that you will love.
What Should I Look for in Selecting and Hiring the Best Resume Writers Near Me?
People come to us for different reasons:
WHEN YOU NEED A NEW CAREER OR JOB
- Despite working hard at your career, you are frustrated—or at least not fully satisfied—with your current level of career success.
- Perhaps you were laid off and have been struggling to land a new job, making you unsure and stressed about selecting a resume writing service.
- Maybe you are wondering whether you need a career coach.
- In some cases, your current income, lack of seniority, or company culture is not working for you.
- In other cases, your desire for advancement, meaning, or fulfillment has motivated you to hire a job coach to pursue your job search.
- You may have had a successful career in the government and now are transitioning to the corporate or nonprofit sectors.
- Or you were fulfilled in the military and now are transitioning into the private sector a civilian government job.
- And finally, you may be wondering how to get a federal job as an opportunity for a more secure and stable job.
WHEN YOU NEED JOB SEARCH SUCCESS
- You may have been applying for many jobs and yet been disappointed at the rate of invitations for interviews.
- Maybe you have been interviewing and are discouraged by the lack of follow-up and job offers.
- You may have even searched for and hired a professional resume writer with unimpressive results.
- Like many of our clients, you may be a highly skilled executive or professional who is thinking about what the next level of career fulfillment or success means for them.
Whatever the reason motivating you to look at resume writing businesses, we are here to help you get your dream job. You can upload your resume and get a free resume review. We have helped over 2500 clients achieve their career goals in the Washington DC metro area, Chicago, California, Florida, Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East.
These are the latest exciting results for the median/average client from our most recent survey:
- They find a new job within 8 weeks of finalizing their resume, while the national average for unemployment is 23 weeks.
- The average client interviews 5 different employers.
- They are contacted by 8 recruiters
- The average client gets 19% increased pay at the new job.
That means, as a result of working with us, the average employed client ends up with an extra $8,000 in income for the year, and the average unemployed client ends up with an extra $30,000 in income for the year, many times what they invested. And there’s also the incalculable value of being in a job where you feel valued, excited, and fulfilled.
Getting hired faster for a job where you are paid more is a delight. But for many of our clients who came to us for a resume, LinkedIn profile, and/or interview skills training, job satisfaction, fulfillment, personal development, and contribution are even more important. After all, the average American spends 53% of their waking hours every day at work. You may soon find out that a highly-paid new job that you landed quickly does not make you happier. Ideally, you would like to come to that realization before you accept the offer, and that’s where career coaching comes in.
No matter the reason you came to us or one of the other top professional resume writing services in the area, we recommend you get specific about your goal. That means not only what kind of job you are looking for and what kind of services you think you will need to land that dream job but also clarity about how that job will look. You want to have the tools and skills not only to ace the job interview and get multiple offers but also to make an unemotional, realistic assessment of the resume writing services company you will be working for and the prospect of a long-term, fulfilling career there. This is very important for your happiness and prevents you from having to look for another job in a short span of time or trying to put up and suffer working in an environment or job you come to hate.
So how can you avoid potential pitfalls in hiring a career coach or resume writer, as well as applying for or accepting the wrong jobs?
- Our recommended solution, whether you decide to work with us or another career counseling and resume writing service, is to have a 30-minute Free Resume Review. In the course of that session, you can describe your current situation and where you want to be professionally, receiving some expert advice on how to get there. If you have a resume, you may share that with your career coach for a free resume review and recommendations.
How to Decide If I Should Hire a Resume Writing Company and/or Career Coaches
Do you need a top 2% resume and cover letter? Employers today receive an average of 118 resumes for each job opening. Only the best-fit 2% of resumes get an interview, and these may not include the best people for the job if their documents don’t show it.
The solution to this challenge, according to independent research:
- Have a resume and cover letter that speaks to the employers’ interests
- Grab their attention within 6 seconds.
This demands as much marketing and advanced copywriting skill as expertise in your field.
Other reasons for selecting a professional resume writer service like ours:
- A solid commitment to quality, timely delivery, and outstanding customer service are important to you. When you decide to submit your resume and cover letter for a position you are excited about, you want to make sure that not only can you have the final product in ample time but also that your resume meets the above criteria.
- You want to be able to come back and discuss your progress in the job market and get additional advice and tips on how to adjust your resume for different positions.
- Our services, performed by top-rated resume writers and customer service staff, have made YES a top-rated resume writing business in the Washington DCmetro area on most platforms:
- We are A-rated on Angie’s List (with Super Service Awards in 2016, 2017, and 2018).
- The Better Business Bureau rates us A+.
- We currently have a 5.0 rating on Google, a 4.5 rating on Yelp (5 if you count the hidden reviews), and a 5.0 rating on Facebook.
What is the difference between a professional resume writing service and resume building services?
Both professional resume writing services and resume building services can be considered a form of resume writing help. However, the difference between a resume builder service and a resume writer service is that in the case of the former we typically are talking about an automated or software application whereas, in the case of a resume writer service, we are typically referring to a resume service that uses professional resume writers who interview a client and draft their resume. A resume builder is a nice gadget that can provide templates and help you with structuring a nice-looking format for your resume. But a resume builder cannot be a substitute for a professional resume writing service which makes a comprehensive analysis of your skills and experience, compares that with the specific requirements of a job and facilitate and question and answer process to help think back and provide information that their marketing expertise can help stand out.
What is the difference between a resume writing service and a resume editing services?
A resume writing service usually includes editing services as well. After all, there is no value in paying for a drafted resume that is not properly edited. The editing phase typically comes after the resume is drafted to be a highly competitive marketing document. However, a resume editing service will also work with a resume that you or someone else has drafted for you and the editor’s role will be limited to editing the existing resume. For example, you might have drafted your own resume and by mistake have typed resume writting service. That is a grammatical error and resume editing services will catch the mistyped resume writting service and change it to resume writing service for you. These days you rarely see resume writing services that promote themselves exclusively as resume editing services because they can charge more to provide higher quality and more comprehensive products they can stand by.
Who Are You Competing with in Your Job Search?
- Most of our clients are experts or executives who want to take their careers to the next level.
- Others dislike their employer or job, got laid off or will be, or feel they’re in the wrong field.
- Another group needs career transition assistance when leaving the military or federal government, after completing their education, or when reentering the workforce after taking care of their family full-time.
Whenever you are applying for a job, keep the following in mind:
- Your competition might have hired one of the best resume writers in Washington DC, like YES, to beat the 6-second rule.
- They might have had their LinkedIn profile professionally developed. In this case, they could be more easily and quickly picked up by some of the thousands of recruiters searching the LinkedIn platform.
- Your competition might also have hired a resume services company to train them on the best interview questions.
All this is why you want to set yourself apart by benefiting from YES’ innovative, proprietary Interview Aikido technique and mock interview to practice and expert coaching. With Interview Aikido, you get trained in how to take control of your interviews so that you find out what the employer needs before you try to start selling yourself. This way you are never shooting in the dark. Once you know, you can confidently tell the employer how you can meet their needs.
Last but not least, you want to make sure you are being supported by a skilled negotiating team to ensure you are not leaving a penny on the table. You wouldn’t want to regret settling for less than you deserve. (This is critical for reducing the gender pay gap!) For all these reasons, we suggest you start your career success journey by scheduling your free 30-minute Career Success Consultation to address all the questions you have on your mind.
Your questions may include the following:
- Where can I find federal resume writers near me?
- Are the resume writing services near me worth the investment?
- What do the resume writing services near me charge?
- Post-COVID should I limit myself to resume service near me?
- Which is more cost-effective, a resume coach or professional resume writers near me?
- Where can I locate a federal job resume writer?
- Where can I read more about resume services near me?
- What should I expect in a package of resume services?
- Are federal job resume writers worth the money?
- How do I choose between the resume services near me?
- What to include in a cover letter?
- Can top resume reviews be believed, or are they faked?
- What resume writing services company gets the top resume reviews?
- Where can I see a career counselor near me?
- Who is the best career counselor near me?
- What is involved in career change counseling?
- Can career change counseling help me figure out what I most want to do?
- Who are the best career strategy consultants?
- Where can I find executive coaching services near me?
- Who are the best executive coaches near me?
- What is the difference between a career coach and a career counselor?
- What do career strategy consultants do for their clients?
- Who can help me with LinkedIn profile-building services?
- Are LinkedIn profile building services worth the investment?
- What are the elements of the best LinkedIn profiles?
- How can I make my LinkedIn profile rate among the best LinkedIn profiles?
- What are the elements of the best LinkedIn summaries?
- Where can I learn about how to improve a LinkedIn profile?
- What are good answers to interview questions?
- How can I practice good answers to interview questions?
Whatever your motivation, you may be feeling anxious, skeptical, or excited right now. We’ve seen it all. Rest assured that, no matter what your situation, we can help you get the next best job for you and help you thrive in it.
Here are five things we can help with and what some clients have had to say:
- Figuring out what you want to do next so that you’ll be happier in your next job than in your last one. There’s no point getting your resume services unless you know what you want it to sell you for.
- Client Ashlei R. wrote, “During the Career Strategy Sessions, I met with Michael and we discussed what I wanted and I NEEDED from my next position. As a result of that, I’m at a job that I LOVE, and my confidence is at an all-time high.” This is one reason career transition clients get career coaching/career counseling.
- A free resume review as well as writing a resume and cover letter that will make employers contact you for an interview.
- Client Peter M. wrote, “When I received my brand-new resume and cover letter from YES Career Coaching & Resume Writing Services, I was excited and enthused for the first time in months. I knew immediately that this was something that I should have done several months beforehand. After applying for a position, I received a callback—within two hours. And within five days of receiving my final drafts, I had a job offer in hand. Thank you.”
- Writing a LinkedIn profile that will have recruiters contact you when they have a position that fits your skill set and direction.
- “I haven’t actually started looking for a job, but I know that when I do, my search is going to be much more successful than it ever was with my old resume. I’ve already had recruiters contact me through Indeed.com and LinkedIn, so I just wanted to take a second to say, ‘Thank you to the YES team for helping me put my best foot forward.” –Geoff M.
- Interview coaching that will help you ace your interviews so you get the offers you want.
- Kel F. wrote, “When I was applying for my job, I actually applied for 5 jobs, and out of 5 jobs, I had 4 job interviews, which led to 4 job offers. And all the interviews went extremely well. My best interview was actually the last one with Rite Aid Pharmacy, and I felt so comfortable during the interview, it actually turned into a friendly conversation. That was amazing for me, and it became my favorite hobby. Interviewing was something I just enjoy doing. I highly recommend Interview Aikido to anyone who’s applying for a job.”
- Career coaching that trains you on building and using your network to get a job on the hidden job market, negotiating a great offer, and excelling in your new position.
- Brian S. wrote, “Michael and Katherine were right there with me every step of the way. From how to interview to how to negotiate. I learned more about how to work LinkedIn to my advantage. When I was shopping for a career coach and resume help near me, I looked all over the U.S. and finally decided to use YES Career Coaching & Resume Writing Services. Looking back, it was definitely the right decision.”